Tire Sales & Computer Wheel Balance
Tire Balancing & Tire Rotation
If you are putting off rotating, balancing, or replacing your tires you could be costing yourself more money in the long run. Tires that are not maintained can lead to the following problems:
- An unbalanced or improperly balanced tire causes a vehicle to vibrate and may wear steering and suspension components prematurely.
- Not rotating your tires can cause them to wear unevenly and they will need to be replaced more often.
- Over pressurized tires can form bubbles and ruin the tire. This occurs frequently when tires are filled in the winter months and then not re-checked in the summer heat.
- Under pressurized tires will wear down more quickly, decrease fuel economy, and affect your car’s handling.
Rotating your tires is an important part of vehicle maintenance. The process helps to avoid uneven tire wear, which can lead to poor performance and lower your vehicle’s gas mileage. Keeping up with regular tire rotations can save you money.
It is recommended that you have your tires rotated every 3,000 mi-6,000 mi. Check your owner’s manual for more information.
A typical tire-rotation service includes:
- Removing tires
- Inspecting the wear
- Putting tires back on where they will wear most evenly
- Resetting tire-pressure monitors
Another important part of tire maintenance involves tire balancing. Properly balanced tires results in a safer, more comfortable ride. Plus, it helps to reduce tire wear and minimize steering wheel vibration. Your tires may be out of balance if you experience vibration in the steering wheel and/or through your seat, often when driving over 40 mph. Additionally, if your tires have an irregular wear pattern, then they may be in need of wheel balancing.
A typical tire balancing service includes:
- Mounting each wheel on a spin balancing machine
- Establishing optimal balance by correcting any areas of imbalance and using balancing weights
- Checking tire pressure
Maintaining your tires is an important part of your car’s overall performance. Performing these services regularly will extend the life of your tires and your vehicle.